Jet Chips are JUNK!

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 09:42:48 EDT

The other day I was cleaning my engine in preparation for this weekend at Carlisle. Unfortunately I got water into my
distributer. That was only part of my problem. I cleaned out the cap/rotor and dried out the distributer. To make
a long story short I had to have my Dak towed !!! Since my wife works at Pep Boys, it was convenient to take it there.
The mechanic that looked at the truck did the same thing I did, but he jiggled the wires to the computer. Magically
it turned over. I noticed when I drove it home the check engine (idiot) light was on. Yesterday I went to leave for work
and AGAIN NO START!!!!! Once I found out what the mechanic did, I removed the Jet Performance Chip and it turned right
over...and no idiot light !

Those Jet Chips really bounce when you throw 'em !!!

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, MD.
97-Dakota Club Cab,5.2L, 4X4, 7" Lift, 35"x12.50" BFG A/T.

http://www.geocities.com/mbrowwwn/index.html