Re: RE Brake Dust Shields

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 21:30:22 EDT

>>I believe this notion of brake dust shields increasing temperatures
enough
to cause warping of the rotors is false<<

I assure you, you are an exception. I know at least 10 people who got
less than 3000 miles out of a set of rotors while the brake dust sheilds
were on. All of these guys were Minitruckers, so they were very anal
about torquing the lug nuts down and all that stuff. They even had 17 and
18" rims. Some of em' were so bad, they warped the dust sheilds too!

-mike d.

----> Clubless in Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! --->slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress!!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.