Re: Got my Dak model (Semi off-topic?)

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 19:00:45 EDT

Go to yopur local hobby shop and buy a Testors airbrush, it will give you a
perfect paint-job, you dont want to use automotive paint because it will eat
the plastic (laquer). Testors makes a large line of model paint that match
just about any color, you can also mix your own.

The bumpers can be chromed by a pro, but it will cost you. Hobby shops have
stick-on metal foil that looks like chrome, and can even be polished even
higher.

For the exhaust, you can also buy at the hobby shop some small diameter
aluminum tubing, buy a plactic rod to fit inside it and you can bend it
without crushing it.

There are many suppliers of AT tires and wheels, just pick up any Scale Auto
magazine at a book shop. But I will warn you, you might pay less for a
complete kit with the wheels you want.

Lindberg made a 4x4 98 CC Dakota sport kit that was even more detailed and
might make it easier to lift.

Good luck!

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net