Got my Dak model (Semi off-topic?)

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 18:32:33 EDT

Ok... got the Dealer Promo model of the Dak CC 5.2 Sport. I want to make it
a minature of my own Dak.

After examining it, it comes apart easily. Two screws under the front
valance allows the entire body to be lifted off. The front valance and
bumper come off seperatly so they will be easy to paint.

With a soldering iron I will be able to melt the welds that hold the
passenger compartment, windscreen and rear bumper assy so I can do them
seperatly.

The downside is that this model has the buckets and a console, not the split
bench but hey, you can't have everything.

The underside is very detailed and all I really need to do is convert it to
dual exhaust.

My questions for the model builders out there are:

I am going to see if my body shop will paint the body of the model for me
(Really!) if not, what's the best way for me to paint it without leaving
brushmarks etc?

Is there a realistic looking chrome paint out there for models? I need to do
the bumpers ad the exhaust tips.

I know I can get all-terrain tires from another model kit, but is there a
way to get tires without buying a whole model? Are there suppliers out there
for that type of thing?

Anyone have this same model? I want to lift it a bit to better simulate the
4x4 I have. The axles are preset and there s no easy way that I can see to
lift it and keep it looking nice. Any suggestions?

I know this is long but thanks in advace! I want to do this right!

Preacher
99 &1/2 5.2L CC 4x4 SLT+ R/T (Redneck/Truck)
CUSTOM DECALS: http://www.bastaards.org/CustomDecals.htm
Webmaster: http://www.bastaards.org