New guy intro

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 13:47:41 EDT

Hello,

     I'm new to the list and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rick, I live
in southern New Hampshire. I am currently driving my second Dakota. It's a 1992,
extended cab, LE, two-tone blue/silver (with the red pinstripe only offered in
'92) 5.2l, auto, 4x4. The truck currently has 172,000 miles and still runs very
nice. I've made a few "cosmetic" changes like leather bucket seats in place of
the split bench, chrome brush bars down the sides, cab spoiler from a Shelby
Dakota, Fold-a-Cover, bug shield which precipitated changing the ws washers to
the "on-the-wiper-arm" type from a Daytona. The truck has served extremely well
in the 170,000 miles I've owned it. It has been well maintained but not babied,
regularly towing 4000 lbs. Parts that I've had to replace are pretty much
regular maintenance items considering the high mileage. (radiator, starter, fuel
pump, regulator, filter, lots of brakes, lots of tires.....)

     I do, however, still have one nagging problem... The truck starts fine at
full, full hot and stone cold, but anything in between it will crank-crank-crank
and eventually start and run fine. Or I can "fool" it at these in-between temps
by turning the key off-on 3 times before cranking and it will start nearly
perfectly. As evidenced by the fuel system parts, this was the attempt to fix it
thinking it fuel pressure related. Any ideas?

     On another topic... I've found a pretty good deal on a 1999 SLT, but it's
got manual windows, which, of course, I could never lower myself to. :-) Does
anyone know if 1999 manual window doors are already wired for power windows and
that I would only need to swap in the switches and "spider" to convert them?

thanks,

Rick

ps. Oh yeah, my first Dak was a 1987.