Re: RE: Legal?

From: Ptturbo@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 10:05:37 EDT

> Check with the local housing committee and/or local "Neighborhood
> Regulations". Your driveway is YOUR property...not the city or states.
>
> They tried that with my Javelin when I first moved here and I explained to
> them that:
>
> (1) The driveway isn't "Public Access or Property"
> (2) If they tow the vehicle, their facing a lawsuit (With legal assistance
> ready)
> (3) The registration on the vehicle ONLY applies if it's driven on city
> street. Since it isn't, it doesn't apply and it's also covered.
>
> They bitched about it and moaned about it but I won at the local
> neighborhood association meeting. HA! Us "California Boys" also know a
> thing or two!
>
> - Bernd

Having fought BOTH my home owner's association (HOA)
and a local municipality, at different times , at considerable
legal expense, I learned that *if* there are laws on the city's books,
shout all you want about "your property", but rest assured, it
will be an uphill battle (read $), and most likey, you'll eventually lose.
HOA's are another story.. They generally have more restrictions,
and less teeth, especially if there is not some law to back up their
issue with you. If you move into a house and don't check out the
deed restrictions, shame on you.... If they are trying to force
some local "association decision" down your throat, shame on them..
Cheers,
Mike V
 < a good attorney knows the law, a GREAT attorney knows the judge >