Re: Quick BBQ report

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 21:09:09 EDT

I wish I had the energy right now to type up a full report, but the only
reason I'm awake right now is the laundry I'm washing right now. We
probably won't hear from Jason & Norah until sometime tomorrow; they got
back to Toronto shortly after I got here and have a lot more to take
care of.

My brake rotors are packed with mud. I had a stick wedged between the
inside face of my rim and the caliper on my left front wheel. Had to
take the wheel off to remove it. This after removing a rather large
stick from somewhere in my right rim, plus plenty of mud, were was
causing quite the disconcerting shimmy out on I-90 at 75 MPH.

Bob Tom wrote:

> At 05:20 PM 7/2/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >Yes Bob, we went out later, down into the ravine and played in the
> >water.
>
> You 'offroaders' are some kind of crazy, fun-loving group!!!
> I really enjoyed myself even though I was just a passenger and a witness
> to everything.

Hell, it was my first time, I don't consider myself an off-roader yet!
I'm going to need a chisel to get my chassis clean. That mud is pure
evil. Shoulda hosed it off when I had the chance at Jon's.

> >I left my truck at Jon's and rode with Ed (that 4.7/5 speed
> >impressed me), and Chris took his purple people eater down there. A
> >couple casualties. Adam punched a hole in his sidewall and Chris bent
> >the hell out of his brushguard. Got some killer pics. Wait till you
> >see what Adam was doing on the ravine wall.
>
> What did you people eat/drink for lunch!!! Isn't that quad something else!
> 6 weeks old, a tad more than 4000 mi. and STOCK no less ... could not believe
> Ed would put it through that so soon but, being a ex-owner of a Ford Ranger,
> I can understand. Geez, Chris took his beaut into the ravine ... hey, Chris,
> want to buy a second-hand flame red brushguard ... be an interesting
> colour combo :-) Sorry to hear that, aka Adam, but, more importantly, did
> you damage THE CANADIAN FLAG???
>
> Bob

We just had burgers, dogs, and chips. Nothing outta the ordinary. That
QC was terrific. Ed definitely moved up in the world with that purchase
:)

All I'll say about Adam's antics on the ravine wall until I get the pix
online is this: vertical 4-wheel burnout.

The flag, the flag...after Adam's brush with the rock that punctured his
tire, Ed, Jason & Norah and Chris drove out (Ed had Jim & I in his
truck) out the way we all came in as we were running out of daylight
(7:00 in the woods, we used headlights). David and Jon stayed to help
Adam out (I hear they pulled out the Hi-Lift). We were all collected up
at the barn and heard some chatter on the radio. Then David came
rumbling up as Jon called in "you seen David?" A few minutes later, we
hear "here we come guys" and look out into the field. All we can see of
Adam's truck is that big red & white flag flying over the grapevines. I
think I got a picture of that as well. Looked like Canada was invading
on foot from our angle!

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759 -------------------------------------------------------------