Re: Quick BBQ report

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 08:00:28 EDT

Andy Levy wrote:

> I wish I had the energy right now to type up a full report, but the only
> reason I'm awake right now is the laundry I'm washing right now. We
> probably won't hear from Jason & Norah until sometime tomorrow; they got
> back to Toronto shortly after I got here and have a lot more to take
> care of.

Yep, we got home about 5:30 last night. We unpacked about half our
stuff before going over to Norah's mother's to pick up the dog. Then we
came back home and collapsed. We were both quite exhausted but man, was
it ever worth it.

> My brake rotors are packed with mud. I had a stick wedged between the
> inside face of my rim and the caliper on my left front wheel. Had to
> take the wheel off to remove it. This after removing a rather large
> stick from somewhere in my right rim, plus plenty of mud, were was
> causing quite the disconcerting shimmy out on I-90 at 75 MPH.

Glad to hear that's all it was. Mud gets right into the brakes pretty
easily. It doesn't hurt to take the wheels off and run some water
through there if it looks like there's lots of mud.

> Hell, it was my first time, I don't consider myself an off-roader yet!
> I'm going to need a chisel to get my chassis clean. That mud is pure
> evil. Shoulda hosed it off when I had the chance at Jon's.

"Pure Evil"... sounds like it might be a possible name for that first
100 yards that we hit. There's also "The Gatekeeper" or simply "The
First Hundred Yards" (or "The Longest Hundred Yards"). To think... I
suggested going that way because I thought it would take too long to get
all 8 trucks across the ravine. D'Oh!

> The flag, the flag...after Adam's brush with the rock that punctured his
> tire, Ed, Jason & Norah and Chris drove out (Ed had Jim & I in his
> truck) out the way we all came in as we were running out of daylight
> (7:00 in the woods, we used headlights). David and Jon stayed to help
> Adam out (I hear they pulled out the Hi-Lift). We were all collected up
> at the barn and heard some chatter on the radio. Then David came
> rumbling up as Jon called in "you seen David?" A few minutes later, we
> hear "here we come guys" and look out into the field. All we can see of
> Adam's truck is that big red & white flag flying over the grapevines. I
> think I got a picture of that as well. Looked like Canada was invading
> on foot from our angle!

I don't think anyone could run that fast, especially not carrying a
flag. If Canada was invading, it wasn't on foot :-). Suffice to say
that there's a reason we call that truck "The Adam Blaster" :-).

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black