Re: V6 hesitation/intermittent

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 06:34:08 EDT

At 10:00 PM 7/2/00 -0400, you wrote:
> <snip> I drove the truck about 275 miles
>today,and it finally quit bogging down on the way home,during the last
>20 miles or so.I can be driving along,going up a hill in overdrive with
>A/C on at 70 or so,then it happens. Usually when I`m passing
>someone. Outta nowhere,it`ll start "sagging",and just losing power. First
>I turn off the A/C,doesn`t really help,then I lock out the OD,still
>losing speed,then I kick it down WHOOOOOOOOMMM,and the guy I`m passing
>is thinking,"What`s he got under the hood there,a 3 cylinder?" WHAT IS
>CAUSING THIS? Anyone have the slightest idea?Thank you for any response
>on this. Steve P. sick 3.9

Only thing that I can think of is to check that each fuel injector
is within spec. Maybe read each spark plug's condition for a clue.
Otherwise, you would need a scanner capable of storing pcm and sensor
outputs (pulse width, O2 sensor, advance, tps, map, cam sensor, etc.)
when it occurs in order to see what is actually happening.

Bob