Re: Re: I think my truck is stuck in 4wd

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 23:29:44 EDT

Heck just bring to the dealer and ask them, whith the warrany its in there
ball park.

"> I think my truck may be stuck in 4wd cause it seems to be more sluggish
> lately. I will put in from 2wd to 4 high and cant feel any difference.
When
> I put it in 4 low I can definatly feel its in 4lo. Is it normal to not be
> able to feel a difference between 2wd and 4wd? Im afraid that if its stuck
> in 4wd Im damaging my truck cause Im driving on the streets so the tires
> cant slip.

Well you better find out fast, cause that tcase does not like to be run in
4HI on dry roads. Try to find a gravel road, parking lot etc..........or
just somewhere you know you would typically spin the tires/lose traction if
in 2WD. Then engage it in 4WD and see if you have traction or if it is the
same. I would imagine you still have warranty on that 2000, so if it is
acting up, take it in right away. Heck, I cant even engage 4HI/4LO in my
Dak! Looks like a tcase rebuild.......
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Thanks,
Don Mallett
Fort Worth, TX
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf/">www.geocities.com/maldbnsf</A>
'00 QC 4x2 SLT+, 4.7L, 3.55 rear, 4 speed auto, H/D Service Group, K&N home
brew air filter, Cat back Flow-Pro Dual System, Mobil 1 Oil & Gear lub., Oil
cooler, 180 T-stat, Tonneau cover, Autolite 3923 plugs.