RE: Re: I think my truck is stuck in 4wd

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 00:10:13 EDT

Sometimes my '99 will do this after being in 4 hi for a time... I can tell
that it's still engaged (especially backing while turning). Try a few 4
hi-2 hi shifts, and drive forward and reverse a little. I bet you haven't
driven in 4 hi much (new truck), and it's a little stiff... If you do a
U-turn (slowly) and the truck is still in 4, the front tires will bark (if
they do.. don't force it...and try to back up in 4 HI, then shift to 2 wd).

That's what worked for me.. Now with 18k miles, it works fine (plus I also
can go into 4 Full time up to 55 mph with no problems.)

Sam '00 RT & '99 RT4x4 (prototype)