Re: water pump replacement

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 23:37:54 EDT

My, those chevies ARE easy tho. 4 bolts, a fan, and 1/2 of their removable
fan shroud. Ah... other companies should really adapt the 1/2 fan shroud. it
REALLY helps in removal of the fan.

As for your dodge, it should be about the same amount of work.
remove fan.
fan shroud.
drain the petcock from the radiator,
loosen the lines that connect to the water pump,
take out bolts that connct water pump. and it SHOULD pull right out. I
don't believe there's an obstruction that would keep you from taking it out.
clean up the gasket area, put new gasket on the water pump
(I'd use a gasket adhesive. it's a glue that you apply from a spray can.
Very nice stuff.. )
line up bolts, and put back together. Should be about a 2 hour job if you're
doing it by hand...
-Dester

Ps. don't rely on this info. I have a 97 dakota, but I believe the design is
the same...

<< my pump went out on me today i have to replace, is there any trick to it
 or jsut pull everything apart to get to it? I have never changed one
 before and my dad has only changed them on chevy's he's always been
 a chevy guy.......

 93' sport cc v6 4x4 >>