hotchkis rear leaf

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 14:45:09 EDT

I'm sure someone can enlighten me here... i have a few questions about
hotchkis rear leaf suspensions.

First of all, mine squeaks like crazy even on little bumps. When i got my
truck new the leafs did that for thousands of miles, then the noise went
away... i installed my hotchkis and still about 10k miles later, it still
squeaks like that. I'll prolly call hotchkis today, but since i'm on the
subject, maybe someone has a suggestion to rid myself of the squeak? I can't
really tell if it's the middle of the leaf or the bushings on the ends.

Secondly, i noticed that with no tread on my stock tires there was a nice
controllable drift when cornering under power... now with the firehawks, it
doesn't slide, it sticks. If i really push it though it HOPS. The back end
tries to roll and loses it and hops sideways. I know it's because of the
horizontal grip i now have--duh--but it seems like a problem to me
regardless.

Sean

4.7 4x2