RE: Transfer Case Question; Vacuum??

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 19:30:48 EDT

Hi Kyle,

Sounds like you're having some problems. I quickly went through the other
25 pages of the FSM that I didn't scan for you, and from what I see... there
is only one mention of a vacuum switch in a chart mentioning the amount of
torque. I can't see a vacuum switch on any of the diagrams or mentioned
anywhere else. Even in the index... it's only listed once under heating.

I don't know how involved your job is going to be, but I also see mention
(more than once) of special tools. I hope you're not going to get into a
spot where you are going to need tools you don't have. I can scan the other
25 pages for you, but it will take me some time. I've had a pretty busy and
hectic day and just got home.

Let me know what you need and as soon as Jason wakes up, I'll have him read
through your e-mail and see what we can do to help. Oh yes... I saw "vent
hoses" in the diagrams, but could not find any vacuum hoses.

Good luck and talk to you very soon,

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd