Re: intake manifold removal questions

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 11:47:08 EDT

Dester, Watch how much you take out of the plenum. I've got an old Mopar Muscle
mag that goes through hopups on a V6 Dak then do the 1/4 mile test. They put a
V8 TB on the truck and machine down the intake manifold plenums. The V8 TB
helped and machining down the plenums helped in the full 1/4. They did say the
60' times dropped after the manifold mod. They figured the plenum mod lost a
noticeable amount of low end torque in the V6 but they picked up enough top end
HP to help in the 1/4. So I guess it all depends on what you want in the end.

Doug Fedeli