Dakota R/Tvs.'99 Cobra

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 21:43:52 EDT

I thought the same thing the first time I saw some of those diff gear
numbers...i thought holy crap!
But you are still right as a generalization. If you look at alot of the
Japanese cars they do have a lower final drive than most American cars. The
two Mazdas I had (which were excellent cars btw) were crankin about 3600 rpm
at 80. My Dak is turning about 2400 at 80. Big diff... (pun intended..)

--- Steven wrote ---

You are right after reviewing some of the Japanese cars the
gears are taller. Thanks for the feedback,

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer