Re: my truck sounds like a bird

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 03:08:31 EDT

Monday, July 10, 2000, 11:49:58 PM, you wrote:

> What is the deal? My truck sat for a week while I put a new cam in, now i
> drive it and the whole front end squeaks like a bird. every bump i hit
> something is squeaking loudly, i can hear it over my mufflerless exahust.
> What gives? Every zerk is sufficently greased and upon visual inspection it
> looks good, any ideas before i have to tear it appart?
> Rob

Check your control arm bushings. My passenger side upper bushing
finally died last week. I had one god-awful squeek from it. Took
several days to figure out where the squeek was coming from. Sounded
like it was coming from the rear leaf. Just got it fixed today and
everythings back to normal. $65.00 per side to have them fixed. Did
both driver and passenger side uppers. Lowers were still good.

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com