Re: More on Reliability

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 10:02:53 EDT

Hi, Steven

At 09:08 AM 7/11/00 -0400, you wrote:

>I've got a 97 Dakota w/ the 318, 4x4, Extended Cab SLT 3.55 Gears. I've
>reached a maximum with the number of issues I can deal with during the 56000
>miles I've owned my truck. Here is the list of what has happened.
>
>From day 1, I've had problems with this truck. <snip massive list>

Truly sorry to hear of your horror story. While mine is a 4x2 '97 318,
I have only had the center arm console strap problem and the front
bumper paint flaking problem. I had thought that the strap problem
(probably broken 6-8 times) had been corrected with their 2nd redesign
but it broke again a couple of months ago after almost a year.
The front bumper paint problem conveniently started about a month
after the 3 year warranty expired.

Bob