Re: Hood (Aaron)

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 15:43:42 EDT

    Well, if you're talking about my site and hood ...

    This hood is fiberglass and will require A LOT more prep work to
install than a steel hood. From what little I've seen of fiberglass hoods
in person, I would have to say that the quality of construction is up
there, but there were some details that needed fixing.
    The hood is originally $400 plus crating & shipping, but I organized
a group buy so it cost $280 plus. I bought this hood because I like the
styling of it. There are other so called ram air hoods for more money.
It just depends on personal preference.
    As for the functionality of this hood, it should be called a cool air
intake hood as you won't see any ram air effects until 100 or so mph. I
will go so far as to say that it keeps my engine bay cooler, but that is
about
it. I have not seen any performance gains based solely on the hood.
    Legendary does not have a web site, but you can call them at
215)491-1717. They are out of Warrington, PA. If you have any further
questions, you know how to reach me ;-)

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm

> I went to your site and saw the hood on your truck. I have been thinking
about a ram air hood and I was wondering if you could tell me a little about
it. How much, do you like it, why it and not a diff hood? Do you have a
url for legendary hoods?