Re: RE: Hood

From: Jon (jon@twistedbits.net)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 16:13:31 EDT

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Stlaurent Mr Steven wrote:

> I like the hood for the aggressive look but not the usual hump with a scoop
> in the middle. With the Stillen front bumper, side shirts, and a roll pan,
> three inch side exit exhaust, 18 inch rims, the truck will look as if it is
> on steroids. Ha Ha
>
> The Reflexxion hood allows the hot engine bay air be release into the truck
> air stream against the windshield. Now, the only drawback I can see Aaron
> if you live on the east coast or northeast in the winter time. How much fog
> will attract to the windshield from the escaping hot air or will the
> interior heat keep the glass warm to meet the outside hot air stream.

   I've never owned a vehicle with a cowl induction hood, so I don't have
any firsthand experience in that arena, but according to the theory and
physics, hot engine air should only escape when the truck is setting
still. Once you start moving, a pressure differential builds up
and the cowl will suck cool air into the engine bay. I'm sure that's
what you meant, but I just wanted to interject that in case there was
any confusion, so nobody would think that the hot air would be sucked out
of the engine bay while moving... (Hot air out, cool air in, same effect
really, its just that the air is moving in the opposite direction than
one might think.)

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'