Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #2213

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 18:51:19 EDT

At 06:03 PM 7/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
> <snip>
>oh yeah, while i'm posting. Does anyone notice that occasionally when you
>gun it (usually from stand-still), that you get your check engine light come
>on? Usually happens when the A/C is on, but not always.. Has happen about
>4-5 times, and stays until you turn the ignition XX amount of times (except
>this time it's stayed on about 2 weeks, and I know I've turned it at least
>30 times in that time period).

Ken

It might be the 2nd O2 sensor ... the one that monitors the cat operation.
If it send a constant and high enough voltage output to indicate an
extremely rich and heated condition in the cat, it can trigger the check
engine light.

It happened a couple of times with me last winter on extremely cold days
while waiting for someone ... so cold that I had to run the heater for
about 5 min. every 45 minutes to keep the feet from freezing. I reset
the computer and the light went off.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95