Re: Homebrew Intake Questions

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 02:30:15 EDT

I'm back, drove about 125 miles, 80 of that was pulling the trailer. With the
outside air temp. at 90 / 101. The temp. of the air at the TB varied while
driving on the Hi-way under pull was about 10/ 15 deg. Hotter then outside
air. My guess is that with the Dak moving fast, air flowing thru the engine
compartment fairly good and the TB pulling a great deal of air. put this
together the air is cool. When stopped at a light the temp goes way up over
122. (the hi limit of the prob.) Once moving again the air cools down quick.
 Just something to think about.

Thanks,
Don Mallett
Fort Worth, TX
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf/">www.geocities.com/maldbnsf</A>
'00 QC 4x2 SLT+, 4.7L, 3.55 rear, 4 speed auto, H/D Service Group, K&N home
brew air filter, Cat back Flow-Pro Dual System, Mobil 1 Oil & Gear lub., Oil
cooler, 180 T-stat, Tonneau cover, Autolite 3923 plugs.