Re: Weird A/C event

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 02:59:00 EDT

> Ok, I am cruising about 60 on the freeway, outside temo is 92 with 85%
> humidity or some such...

> The truck has cooled down enough that I take it off of max and click one
> over (Minimax? lol) A minute later, I heara noise that sounds like my fan
> went into reverse and the cold air stops blowing. Lasts for 3 or 4 seconds.
> A mile or so later it happens again. I put my hand in front of the vent but
> no suction.... no air either even though the fan is louder than ever. Again,
> it lasted abour 3 or 4 seconds.

> This happened twice more but I am at a lose to explain what is happening...

> Any suggestions???

> Preacher
> 99 &1/2 5.2L CC 4x4 SLT+ R/T (Redneck/Truck)
> CUSTOM DECALS: http://www.bastaards.org/CustomDecals.htm
> Webmaster: http://www.bastaards.org

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me Preach. When I did the manifold swap
I missed a few vacuum lines and my air was in a constant state of
no-blow. Actually it blew out the top and bottom vents, just not the
main ones. Got the line hooked back up and everything went back to
normal. Check your lines. Also if your cruise acts up that would
further suggest a vacuum leak.

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com