Aftermarket/Performance water pumps

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 09:33:33 EDT

Anyone (Gen II, Daks especially) running an aftermarket/performance (higher
flow) water pump?
If so, what brand?, and have you been happy with it?

I'm going to have my local shop replace my timing set with a performance
chain & gears from Hughes, and since they'll be into it anyway, thought I'd
go ahead and put on a new water pump to.

Last question... if replacing the OE pump with a new higher flow rate pump,
will I need to replace the hoses for the cooling system as well? (will a
high flow pump increase the system pressure to the point where I should
worry about the 'standard issue' hoses?). Most of the cooling system hoses
have been replaced in the past 2-years, so they are in pretty good shape.

Thanks for any comments...

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust