Re: RE: HiPo PCM

From: Ed (ed@ithink.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 11:20:00 EDT

Hi Aaron,

  I currently have a 99 RC Dak Sport with a 5.2L and a 5 speed 2WD. My
boat weighs 1300 lbs, and the trailer another 600 or so. When I first got
the truck, it had more than enough power to pull it, the real problem was
going straight. That nice soft suspension they put in rides nice, but makes
it a bear to pull stuff. I installed a set of Hotchkiss anti-sway bars and
viola, it goes straight, corners like it's on rails - the handling is dead
neutral, reduced a bit of the wheel hop ... The down side is it now rides
pretty stiff ... I've towed trailers weighing over 5000 lbs ... Car
trailers with 3600 LB cars on them. Just make sure you get a GOOD hitch. A
shift kit helps because it reduces the overlap in that slush box. Get a BIG
trans cooler if you are going to tow heavy or long distances. The other
thing I did was dump the badyears and go to 275x60x15's BFG'S ... Same
rolling radius as the originals so no speedo problems. They ride A LOT
nicer also. Only $69 each at SAMS ...

HTH
--Ed