Re: CB mount for 00 Dak

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 21:53:07 EDT

Here is a link to a pic that shows how I mounted mine. I had to drill
new holes in the mounting bracket, to get it to fit, and still be able
to open the glove box and ashtray. If you have a 5 speed, this won't
work. I also have the fender mount antenna bracket. To run the antenna
wire, open the driver side door, and look right below where the rubber
tube that holds the wires for the for the power goodies in the door
comes out of the truck. There is a round rubber plug. You can pop it
out, punch a hole in it, run your wire through it and pop it back in. I
also ran the power wire for the CB, through here and connected to the
battery. If you open the passenger side door you can see how the radio
antenna was done.

http://community-2.webtv.net/emailskip/2KD27/

>I'm at a loss as to how I can mount my CB and
> antenna(sp?) in my new Dak. I'd like to be
> able to both see it AND reach it. It's a 4X4 cc
> so hump mount seems unlikely. Does anyone
> have any suggestions?

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
2000 4X4 V8 AUTO