RE: Newbie questions...

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 22:41:37 EDT

I don't know what NY does when a smog check occurs but here in CA they not
only check emissions using equipment, they also do a visual inspection. If
there are aftermarket parts they must have a CARB number to pass. Keep in
mind that a lot (most) aftermarket performance parts are as good as if not
better than OEM parts but in order to pass smog visuals they must have been
tested before the EPA and received a CARB number. Some aftermarket
companies do not want to spend the time nor money to conduct these tests,
e.g., Evergreen, maker of AirAid, PowerAid products.

Ron