Re: Flowmaster ?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 17:23:22 EDT

> OK this maybe a Dumb one but here it goes:
> How hard is it to replace your stock muffler with
> an after market one? Special tools? welders?
> And if you happen to know the correct inlet/outlet
> size?
>
> This are the three I'm looking at:
> Flowmaster 40 series $70
> Flowmaster DELTA FLOW MUFFLERS $80
> FlowTECH TERMINATOR "BAD BOY" $55

I just bought one from Summit, and then called around local shops to see who
would install it for me and who had the best price. Some shops did not want
to do it, some would but wanted alot for installation, some were cheap. I
ended up paying $30 for them to torch out my stock muffler and weld/clamp in
the new Flowmaster. I ended up going with the Flowmaster 3chamber 50 Series
Delta Flow muffler, 2.5" Center Inlet/2.5" Offset outlet. Perfect fit and it
sounds great, nice a mellow. I did not want an annoying muffler which would
be too loud. This one is perfect for me.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6