Re: my reply, R/T snobs, was All R/T'ers

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 17:24:16 EDT

On 14 Jul 2000 12:21:41 -0700, "Tim J Koth" <Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com>
wrote:
>but the ONLY reason there is an issue with the R/T list, and it will CONTINUE
>to be an issue until it is CHANGED, is the OWNERSHIP REQUIREMENT to join the
>R/T list. It is exclusionary. You can tell everyone they aren't missing

I know I've said I would drop this subject, but, I lied. Sorry, can't
let this one go by. Yes, it's exclusionary, because it's a list for
R/T owners. I belong to a number of other lists, non vehicle related,
which are also exclusionary. Check out egroups and you'll find a lot
of exclusionary lists exist. Fact of life, they're our there. If you
want to join, you have to meet the criteria to join.

Look, you might as well get over it, or plan to continue to be miffed.
Because:
1) The exclusion rule is not going to change, because it's Niles' list
and he can do whatever he wants to, and no one can rightfully make him
change it. If you owned a list you'd feel the same way about being
dictated to, I'm sure.
2) If the exclusion was removed then the R/T list would become a clone
of DML, because it would be a list with all Dakota members. Do we
need two DML's? No.
3) The R/T list is not going to shut down just because some people
here feel discriminated against. Even if it did, what would that
accomplish? Would DML members benefit somehow if it did? I don't
think so.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43