steering rack replacement

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 20:18:22 EDT

Not too bad, did that once on my '88. Our rack was 375 with a 150 core...
i recommend getting new tie rod ends, after all we ruined the threads on
ours and they were worn anyway so it sat for 2 days while we waited for the
new ones. I recommend a helper for aligning the steering wheel, and take
your time. we managed to not kill the alignment for the drive to the
alignment shop. Plus you get the pride of doing it yourself...

Chris

>all right, anyone ever replace there steering rack. mine is leaking power
>steering pretty good. i took it in yesterday and they told me $489. so i'm
>not really sure if that's good or not. it doesn't look to bad to replace.
>the part is like $250 at the auto parts store. so i think i might try it
>this summer. at least everything works. i just have fill up on power
>steering fluid every few days. so if anyone has any advice let me know...
>mike k
>94 V6, 2wd, slt, auto, flowmaster, k&n, stereo stuff, and so on...
>90 talon still trying to sell or get running...

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, DML "Smoke
Em" Decal
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, 3923's, Tinted
Windows, Ventvisors,
Alarm, Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate... Quick D on the way...