1 day update on belly pan gasket install

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 04:26:10 EDT

Well, before the install, I took the trusty snap-on scanner and played around
with the fuel sync a bit. Anywho...

I noticed this morning that it'll stumble REALLY bad when you let it idle and
give it some gas. After it gets warmed up, everything is fine again.
torqued the belly pan gasket in at 15 ft/lbs along with a bead of RTV on both
sides of the gasket (yea! try to leak again...) RTV the hell out of the
front and rear dowels, and cleaned everything up with an angeled die grinder.
 Maybe I'm a little too much on advance?

On a ping note, it's relatively gone. the first 50 miles or so, I could
still hear a note pop here and there, but after driving it home at 3 am
today, I heard nothing. Exhaust doesn't have the usual rumble tho.

Throttle response is up, and the intake sounds like a "honda intake" like
it's gulping for air. I guess that's due to the fact it's not sucking air
from the lifter valley, but it's actually sucking from the intake. go
figure...

I'll hook it up to the scanner on monday and see if any of the map, or vacuum
readings change.
-Dester