Re: back from Carlisle !

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 11:36:00 EDT

I pulled into the driveway about 4:30 p.m. on Sunday
after leaving at 6:15 a.m. on Thursday.

Best part of the show was meeting up again with those that
I had met at last year's show and with a whole bunch of
DMLers for the first time. I won't mention names because
I'm sure that I'll forget someone ...

Saddest part was saying goodbye because I knew that I would
not be seeing most of you again.

The second saddest was seeing the R/T owners off in a
seperate area with their own tent and, except for Shane
and Rich B. (hope I didn't miss anyone), did not wander
over to the DML tent to say hello.

I shall always remember the gathering at the DML tent (our
'non-aggressive' attempts to recruit new DMLers ... even from
the PT Cruisers that were parked with us ... sorry about setting
off your alarms ... Scott did it), the jenga game, the BBQ
(thanks Boog ... the burger that fell into the charcoal ashes was
great but a bit crunchy), the 'professional' way that we
conducted ourselves in our convoys, the bit of deception that
went on at the South Mountain track, the late night eat/drink
sessions (what some of you were doing with those crab legs!).

And to the rest of the DMLers that didn't make it, thanks
for the 926 emails that I had to download with a 14.4k modem.

Bob