Re: Broke my trans at Milan, anyone got one I can buy?

From: Matt Schroeder (schroema@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 14:17:05 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon" <jon@twistedbits.net>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Broke my trans at Milan, anyone got one I can buy?

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Mark Kuzia wrote:
>
> > NEED OVERDRIVE WITH 4.10 GEARS! Try 4000 rpm at 80mph without! I may go
to a
> > built A500 or A518.
> >

> Yeah, that's the major problem as I see it. The problem I have come
> across regarding an A500 or A518 is that they are significantly more
> expensive than the 727 or 904. I thought I might just go with a 727
> then if the finances permit, I could add a Gear Vendors overdrive
> later. (I'm not sure which would end up being more expensive in the
> long run, but the 727 is definitely cheaper short term, and should be
> stronger too.) Plus, in my particular application, I plan to cram
> over 600 ponies through it, so I might not need such tall gears. I'll
> just have to see what happens as it comes together I guess.

Too bad my 727 isn't out of the truck in my back yard.
I put a brand new TCI streetfighter727 small block with a slightly higher
than stock converter in my full sized 1986 RAM.
It now sits in the back lawn since I cracked a head on it.
I will say that it seemed to be a pretty decent tranny for the money. Way
cheaper than a rebuild job on the 904 I had in it.
It did shift quite impressively with the shift kit it came with.