Re: Burnouts...............

From: Matt Schroeder (schroema@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 14:10:52 EDT

Recipe for smoking tires:

1. Acquire a windshield washer reservoir and pump from an old vehicle.
Fasten it to an inconspicuous place on the rear of your truck. Wire a
switch to the cab and leads to power at the fuse block. Run small tubing to
rear tires from the pump output.
2. Fill reservoir with household bleach.
3. Start burnout with any way you see fit. (I have no advice in this
'cause my 6er won't do that. Sorry...)
4. Apply bleach as necessary to create large pluming clouds of white smoke.
5. Get the heck outta Dodge....
:-)

Seriously though, it sounds like you have probably figured out the most
effective way to smoke em in one place. A little brake now and then.

Most people that I know who can sit there and do this apply constant but
light pressure after the tires are smoking. It holds the front tires but
since the rears are pushing some major RPM's they don't slow down much.
Logically, their brakes don't last long.

One of the most impressive butnouts I have seen used solid spares.

THE most impressive burnout I've seen at a burnout contest had tires
containing a flammable substance so that when the tires blew out from
overheating and wear there was a couple of large flame balls from beneath
the car.

If it wasn't for modern brake systems and stuff you could probably get a
line lock. For all I know, maybe you still can use one. That's what drag
racers use to hold the front brakes to heat the tires up in the burnout box.