Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #2246

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 18:30:38 EDT

My Stant t-stat did not come with a gasket. You will have to scrape off
the old gasket (put a rag in the hole first!). It's a fairly standard
part, any store should have it. It's only a buck.

Charles Wyman wrote:

> I don't remember if my new t-stat came with a new gasket or not, it's a Jet Performance brand. For those that have replaced there t-stat, did yours come with a new gasket? If not, does anyone know the part # and where I can get one? What did you use to scape off the old gasket? I want to make sure I don't damage anything.
>
> Chuck
>
> -----------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:25:20 -0400
> From: "Ed" <ed@ithink.com>
> Subject: DML: Re: T-stat & spark plug upgrade/install
>
> HI Charles,
>
> Since the thermostat is physically below the top of the radiator, you
> should remove the hose that goes to the catch tank from the radiator AT the
> radiator, remove the radiator cap, then drain a gallon or so from the drain
> at the drivers side bottom of the radiator. Common sense would dictate you
> do this on a COLD engine. And the cooler thermostat will make things way
> happier, saves on belts and hoses also.
>
> Yes, you will have gasket to scrape, they appear to glue it in place for
> assembly, or else that is the stickiest gasket I have ever seen ;-)) Sure
> wish they would get smart and O-Ring those things like GM and the rice
> burners ...
>
> HTH
> - --Ed

-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now..." --- Steve Wright -------------------------------------------------------------