Re: 2001 DML Calendars

From: Jon (jon@twistedbits.net)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 15:37:13 EDT

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Walter Felix wrote:

> I don't know if we really agree with the need to print two calendars. If we
> start dividing up then we are eventually going to run into the "US" vs.
> "THEM" Bullshit that we already run into with some of the R/T owners.
> Diversity has always been the strength of this group and I think we should
> remain as one.
> My only complaint with the 2000 Calendar was we had a number of members
> competing for 12 months and two members got in twice. Because the images are
> selected by popular vote, I suggest we limit winners to one month per
> calendar and have 12 different Daks in it.

  Yep, I'm making a few changes for this year, and that's one of 'em.
Each truck will only get in once. (Only the most popular photo for
a particular truck will get in.) Group photos don't nescessarily
apply, so I'll just play that by ear.

  One problem with doing two different calendars is that the price
to print them up is already pretty high. The more calendars I can
order (the same), the cheaper it gets. Frankly, I think we'll be
lucky if we can sell 80-100 (we didn't last year). The first price
break occurs at 100 units.

  Speaking of the calendars, I want to have them done well before
xmas this year, so all the deadlines are going to be sooner. You folks
might want to start going through your pictures and selecting some for
submission. If you don't have any pics, you might want to grab the ol'
camera and start shooting! :-) Actual photographs are greatly
preferred. Digital cameras are neat, but don't have anywhere near
the resolution I need for the calendar. (For reference, the pics I
send in to the print shop are about 50-60MB *each*.)

  Start shootin'! :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'