Re DML R/T has no power

From: George Hernandez (geoh@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 00:39:16 EDT

Haven't posted in a while but I'd have to say something is wrong - or you
just got a truck on the bad side of tolerances. My extended cab '00 R/T with
DIY cold air, Hooker headers, (2) 2.5" into 3" flowmaster y-collector and 3"
dynomax convertor to 3" pipe and RPM muffler ran a 15.1 pretty easily. With
cooler weather and a 'looser' engine (it had less than 10k on that run) I'm
pretty sure it will run a 14 sec trap speed. If I slapped a cam into it it
BETTER run mid to high 14's on a regular basis.

I'd be pissed. Although my truck really can't compare to my formula WS-6 it
is VERY tough and doesn't have much trouble smoking 4.6L stangs, 6 cylinder
f-bodies, other trucks ('cept overpriced lightnings) or most any ricers out
there. Sounds more intimidating then the car too:)

-Geo