Offroad: No Anti-Sway Bar!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 23:47:24 EDT

Has anyone actually ran/driven their Dak without the front factory anti-sway
bar? Or just with it disconnected? I should have experimented when I
replaced the rotted out rubber anti-sway bar 'bushings' and left the bar off
and driven it around, but I didnt. Since it is very easy to unbolt the bar
from the lower control arms, I may do this soon, just to see how the Dak
behaves both on and off road. I would love to do some measuring with a floor
jack and some car ramps to see if I would gain some added articulation, if
any. Not sure how the bar looks or is connected on GenIII 4WD Dakotas, but
on my GenII, there are 2 self tapping bolts which hold the bar onto the
lower control arm. I could unbolt the bar from here, and swing it back and
tie it securely to the frame, just to see what the pros/cons are of having
is 'disconnected' on a Dakota. Other than being bolted to the lower control
arm, there is a 'frame crossmember' or brace which has 2 more bar mounts,
one really on each side of the frame; once again held on by bolts and nuts.
Hmmmm.........
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6