R/T K&N Gen ll

From: BASURGOOD@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 21:06:38 EDT

I recently recieved some advice on scraping my open air element for a K&N Gen
ll cold air system , only i have some questions i need answered first.
Would the Gen ll deliver as many cfm as the open element ?My filter is
10x2.75" and I've been told thats not enough with the headders T.B and cam.
 I thought about up sizing to a 14x3" open element but the fit is way to
tight , and not to mention the engine is breathing in very warm air .
I did some testing today measuring intake air temp .
Outside air temp was 68 degrees F . I tied a temperature probe to the filter
and ran the lead into the cab of the truck . I drove around for 20 mins or so
and watched the intake air temp rise to 128 degrees F. Do the math thats 60
degrees . That can't be good for performance.
Any advice would be great !!