Re: R/T K&N Gen ll

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 07:29:24 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/00 11:31:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tigers@bserv.com writes:

<< I ran the K&N open 14x 2.75" last year and part of this year with the
 underhood pad. I have since replaced it with a ram/cold air box (from AIS)
 which has two snorkels for 4" ducts ... one going to right of the rad
 on the passenger side and the other temporarily going to the hole (by the
 battery) in the fender on driver's side. I'm using a K&N 14 x ~2.82"
 filter (I don't have a part number but may be able to find it ... it's
 listed for a late 60's or early 70's Chev muscle car). Anything that
 will lower the temp. of the incoming air is a positive but don't expect
 to see significant gains on the track. If anything, trap mph will
 benefit more than ETs ... just my experiences. >>

I have to agree with Bob on cold air is a very positive route to take. I now
have the ram air hood using a 9 X 2 1/2 K&N with a K&N filter top. Previously
I used a stock K&N replacement element with a double inlet home made ram air
setup. Using the homemade with the stock sizr element and running Juice I ran
a best of 13.3 . From my experiences I would say go with the cold air setup,
I'm sure there is more than enough cfm available and the cold air will
definitely help.

Bill