Re: R/T shift points

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 23:24:45 EDT

At 09:42 PM 7/20/00 EDT, you wrote:
>My 1999 r/t cc shifts from 3rd to 4th at 4800 rpm . Does that sound right ,
>it seems low to me !

3rd to 4th meaning 3rd to overdrive? Probably about right with the stock
computer.
At 4800 rpm, you must doing a WOT.

>Driving at 135 km hr I tromp on it and the tranny won't downshift into
4th
>, the engine just seems to bog and picks up speed slowly . Why ?

4th is overdrive. Do you mean downshift while in overdrive? It probably
won't downshift because of the mph the truck is travelling (~ 80 mph in
your statement). Above a cerain mph (have not seen what it is) and it will
not downshift.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95