Re: electrical problems - Please reply

From: Rkrebs27@cs.com
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 23:53:40 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/00 10:09:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
Jpm699@email.msn.com writes:

<< e had this problem for a year now. The door locks will just lock and
 lock and lock all on their own. Most times it takes somthing else to
 trigger this such as, using the turn signal, opening or closing the windows
 and most of all, by depressing the brake. I could press that brake pedal in
 rapid succession and the doors will keep on locking. Somtimes you don't
 have to do anything and they'll just take off on thier locking and unlocking
 fit. It has been going on for many months now and comes and goes and right
 now it's back with a vengence. I have since had a new alarm installed a few
 months ago which has had no effect on this issue, though now the remote
 start rarely works(as of a couple weeks ago). And I have had a new PCM
 installed, also with no effect.

 Also somthing strange from the other day, though I don't know if this is
 related. It was about 90 degrees out at 2:00pm on Saturday, I was running
 home for my lunch break(I started at 6:00am). When I got in the truck and
 started it, it immediatly died. I tried it again with the same results. I
 tried it yet again, but this time I gave it some gas, which kept it running,
 but when I removed my foot it just died again. It took about 8 times before

    Usually when using an electrical accessory and something else starts
working or stops working, its a ground problem If you can find a shop manual
with a wiring diagram and ground locations and what the grounds go to, you
will notice each ground is tied in with several accessories,most of the time
a loose or corroded ground causes this kind of problem. Richard