Air Compressor Question......

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 20:50:14 EDT

I need to know something, once again air compressor related. I decided to
post this on the DML, and not the DML Off Topic List, hoping I could get a
positive answer. I was given a Craftsman Twin-V Professional Series Vertical
6.5hp 60 gallon air compressor for my bday, but I don't have a 220 source in
my garage. I know this beast will power and run most if not all types of air
related tools. To make things alot easier, and so I dont have to tear up
landscaping and deal with the a large deck, I am going to return it. I was
looking at the largest 120 volt air compressor, so powering the compressor
will really be easy. However, I am concerned with this smallers compressor's
capability to run a wide variety of tools. This smaller one is a 5.5hp
Vertical 25 gallon compressor. It is rated at 130 MAX PSI, SCFM@40 PSI is
8.6, and SCFM@90 PSI is 6.4...........Will this one still be able to run a
wide variety of air tools properly?
Kyle