Re: RE: Geez...new snobs

From: Greg Z (zark72@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 17:25:40 EDT

I signed up when it was in it's infancy - way before the towing
crap. The VIN thing started when people got ugly about the issue
and started calling those who were not bothered by the situation
names, and what not. I just don't understand why the group is set
up like it is. You can't even read the archived posts without
being a member. That's the only automotive list that I have an
interest in that does that, and I *currently* subscribe to 6. 90%
of the time on these lists I'm just a lurker, soaking up whatever
info I can, and the other 10% trying to help out another person's
questions. I'd be happy just to read the archives every now and
then. Oh well, it's not a big deal, and I hope I didn't come off
badly. I can understang why Mr. Parr has set up a filter for his
group. It can be a lot of trouble moderating the riff-raff. It's
his group, and he can do what he wants. I'll just keep my Dakota
interests to the DML.
Greg
99 DA CC R/T
87 GLHS #200