Re: expoding tire saga

From: mark janke (sftvboy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 22:01:55 EDT

Larry yes they are the stock Eagle LS that came on my
99 Dak. I'm buying a set of Dunlops....I've had
nothing but good luck with the BFGs also.

Hey Mark,
Was this tire a 255 x65 x15 Eagle LS by chance? I had
one blow all at
one
time on NEW concrete expressway in Dallas last week in
104 degree heat.
have taken what is left of the tire to two Goodyear
dealerships and
guess
what? They labeled it as a performance tire therefore
it has NO
WARRANTY.
They don't even stock them- it's a two week wait time
for the special
order.
but, if I'm willing to wait several weeks they will
inspect the tire
and
give me a decision. They also were glad to sell me
one- on the truck,
mounted and balance for $235. I'm having Discount Tire
putting on
Goodrich
t/a's saturday. 275 x60 x15. They want $395. with
lifetime everything.
The
guy from discount did offer to get me another wheel
and sell me two
Goodyears so I'd have enough spares.
.02
Larry