Re: 180T statment. Correct?

From: Ptturbo@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 08:37:17 EDT

Don't sweat it. 180 thermostat won't burn pistons.
Most OEM software loads have all cold enrichment phased out
by the time the engine is at 160-165d F... Some as early as 150.
You have nothing to worry about. One thing that can happen if you
go too cold with the thermostat (or remove it), is a check engine light.
Some OBD-II computers set a code if the temp doesn't exceed
a predetermine level in "x" number of minutes of continuos operation.
 Even that number is usually way down around 130dF or less..
HTH
Mike V