Re: Re: Re: RE: Curing Cold Rough Idle

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 12:04:06 EDT

> It would be cheaper just to replace them with either the equivalent "Ford
> Motorsports 19#" or OEM replacements. Cleaning the injectors does work
and
> the "mechanic in a can" cleaners also work as well...but they do wear out
in
> time. Someone else mentioned the IAS...did you check/clean that as well?

Any rough estimates, no pun intended, on how much a new set of injectors
would cost?? Does my truck just have 6 injectors, one per cylinder? As far
as the IAS, I dont have one....atleast I dont think I do. What I do have,
and what I think is the same as the IAS, is called the AIS Sensor on the
backside of the TB. I replaced the AIS with a new one when I put on my
QuickD TB, and did nothing to cure the cold rough idle.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6