Re: airbags vs other stuff

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 22:31:22 EDT

Pros about air bags:
the ability to lift and lower your vehicle within it's confined range.
rides smoother (adjusted correctly)

cons:
alignment probs. Your tires will wear faster in certain situations due to
the changing height of the vehicle.
the speed of the inflation and deflation of the bags. my friend got some
really small lines (cheaper) but it takes FOREVER for his truck to go up and
down. I don't mean bounce like hydros, but this thing is slower in rising
and falling compared to a lincoln with their air ride!
and I believe air bags will cause wheel hop (not too sure on how it's
installed, but I believe the springs, and leaf springs are removed in some
applications...
-Dester