Re: belt Tensioner noise

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 23:03:04 EDT

my belt tensioner makes noise on a 97 dakota v6 auto. Thanks to autozone
(whom broke it) it was replaced a year ago. Let me say it wasn't the
stock tensioner that gives off a clicking sound. it was one autozone had to
go get from advaned because they didn't have one in stock. Since it hasn't
been a year yet. I'm gonna try to take it back to see if it's under
warranty...
-Dester

PS. it sounds like a ticking noise in the front of the engine. just hold
the tensioner to increase tension and it'll go away. maybe it's a bad
spring? or the bearing inside the plastic piece to keep it free spinning?