'00 PCM Reset, QuickD - Both Kits 4.7L

From: Robert Meredith (rmeredith@pa.net)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 23:10:12 EDT

If I want to reset my computer, do I just pull the negative terminal on the
battery? I just installed my QuickD - wanted to let the computer "learn".

Three weeks ago I purchased the larger of the two kits that QuickD sells for
the 4.7L. Basically, it replaced the baffle over the throttle body and the
airbox/filter. It made a significant difference both in sound and power.
At 2800rpms it really began to howl (growl). It looked great, and sounded
ballzy...

Today, I installed the smaller of the two QuickD kits. It leaves the baffle
on top of the throttle body but replaces the hose between the airbox and the
baffle, the airbox, and the filter. It feels just as good (the response
comes from the extra surface area on the filter), but does not sound near as
loud. Actually, when you get on it - it is loud, just more of a "raspy,
deep" sound rather than the "sucking, howling" sound that the other made.

So, I just wanted to give everyone a little insight into the different kits.
The larger one looks good and sounds great. The smaller is a little easier
on the wallet, but still has that power that I was looking for.

Take care.

-robert
'00 4.7 CC 4x4 Loaded, lots 'o mods